The purpose of lithium battery maintenance is to keep the performance of the lithium battery in use. Because the lithium battery is generally normal or not when it is working, and during the use of the lithium battery, the battery performance declines, the life is attenuated, and the charging is not normal, etc. Problems can be seen everywhere.
√ Correct charging of lithium battery
1. In order to make the new battery achieve the best use effect in a short period of time, it can be fully charged and discharged three times or more, of course, it is not necessary to do so. If there is such a requirement in the manual, it should be done according to the requirements of the manual, which is conducive to the maintenance of lithium batteries in the future;
2. Choose a charger produced by an authentic lithium battery charger manufacturer, and operate according to the instructions. When using a fast charger, if the indicator light changes, it means that it is 90% full. Don’t worry at this time, you can wait until the battery is fully charged;
3. The working temperature is between -20°C and 60°C. For this reason, it is best to charge at room temperature, and do not cover other things on the phone while charging.
√ Scientific discharge of lithium battery
1. The discharge current should not be too large
Excessive current will cause internal heating of the lithium battery, which may cause permanent damage. The larger the lithium battery discharge current, the smaller the discharge capacity and the faster the voltage drop.
2. Never over discharge
Lithium battery discharge should not exceed 80% of the battery capacity in order to better protect the battery. The internal storage of electric energy in lithium batteries is achieved by a reversible chemical change in electrochemistry. Excessive discharge will cause this chemical change to have an irreversible reaction. Therefore, lithium batteries are most afraid of over-discharge. Once the discharge voltage is lower than 2.7V, it will May cause the battery to be scrapped. The lithium battery of the mobile phone has been installed with a protection circuit inside. Before the voltage is low enough to damage the battery, the protection circuit will work and stop discharging.
3. Do not discharge with high power
When the lithium battery is discharged, Li+ is deintercalated from the negative electrode and inserted into the positive electrode through the electrolyte, and the positive electrode is in a lithium-rich state, that is, the battery will be discharged under normal use, and the opposite is true during charging. The voltage attenuation of the lithium battery decreases faster with the increase of the discharge rate, and the earlier the time to reach the termination voltage is, but the rate of decline at the end becomes slower; therefore, the characteristics of small rate discharge are better than high rate, and try not to discharge with high power.
√ Proper storage of lithium batteries
1. The best storage temperature is between 4°C and 35°C. Do not expose the battery to high temperature or severe cold. A lithium battery that has been activated is usually on hold for at least half of the time, so a suitable temperature is very important for lithium battery maintenance. has the most frequent and most important meaning;
2. Lithium batteries that have not been used for a long time should be charged and discharged once a month similar to "activation", and a power calibration should be done once a month. Because lithium batteries that have not been used for a long time will passivate the battery electrodes, the electrons in the lithium battery should be in a flowing state, passivation will destroy the electrode structure, thereby affecting the battery life. Of course, the best case is to keep it half charged.
3. It is forbidden to store in places with strong static electricity and strong magnetic fields, otherwise it will easily damage the battery safety protection device and bring unsafe hidden dangers.
4. If the battery emits peculiar smell, heat, discoloration, deformation, or any abnormality occurs during use, storage, and charging, immediately remove the battery from the device or charger and stop using it.
5. The electrodes of discarded batteries should be wrapped with insulating paper to prevent fire and explosion.
Any method will be effective under certain conditions. The maintenance measures for lithium batteries are not to prolong the life of lithium batteries, but to prolong the service life of lithium batteries within the effective cycle period of lithium battery design. If you don't know how to maintain it, it will speed up the aging of lithium batteries. Correct maintenance methods can make our lithium batteries more durable.